BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Organic Is The Way To Go


Hey guys! I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything on here, but it's never to late right? So I have been super busy all Spring with getting my garden ready and tending to it every single day. This is my second year with a garden so I have learned tons of tips and tricks (via You Tube) on how to have a more successful one this time around. So far so good!


So last summer the family and I went to a Christian community Georgia called Jubilee Partners and they have a program that takes in refugees from all over the world and helps them learn English and a work trade so that they can find  work once they are finished with the program. They also have this massive community garden which is have a bountiful amount of fruits and veggies. I actually picked out some succulent green tomatoes and fried them up Southern style...YUMMMM!!!  So anyway I learned a lot about gardening from them also. They used all kinds of materials to keep weeds somewhat away. They used cardboard, dead leaves, pine needles, toilet paper and pretty much anything biodegradable.We are going to have so much food this year that I will be donating some of it to shelters. Giving back is what life is all about!





 

0 comments: